COMAND Solutions released webCOMAND 2.63 today. The new version adds several security improvements to comply with various regulations, standards and best practices.
Improved Security Features:
- New security log to maintain audit trail of all login and logout activity.
- Configurable failed login attempt handling. Number of attempts, time-frame and time to lock out can all be configured. Users can be manually unlocked by users with user administration authorizations.
- Password requirements can be customized to implement specific policies. The number of characters, types of characters and other requirements can be defined.
Enhancements for Developers:
- New COMAND Script statement, #ARCHIVELIST, can extract and iterate through files in an archive file, such as a zip, gzip or tar file. Each file can be processed and/or published independently with each iteration.
- #SIZE COMAND Script statement can now automatically format the result for display in GB, KB, MB or Bytes.
- New Import/Export option to report information about the import/export process. For example, display what files are read and which records are updated/created/ignored to help with troubleshooting. Multiple levels of reporting are available for more or less detail.
- Upload progress dialog automatically appears for submissions that take longer than 1 second, which typically occurs when a large file is uploaded.
- The backup process now runs in the background to minimize down-time while a backup is created. Downtime is typically only a few seconds and users will only notice a short pause if accessing the server at the exact moment a backup is started.
- Other minor updates and fixes are also included.