COMAND Solutions released webCOMAND 2.60 today. The new version improves usability with new content form customization options and interface improvements.
Content forms can be further streamlined for content authors and editors. Fields that reference other content can now be customized to automatically filter and sort the listed content available for selection. Previously, content could be filtered by folder. Now, in addition, content can be filtered and ordered by one or more fields and other custom logic.
The web interface has been refined to improve usability:
- Image fields now display an image thumbnail, image dimensions, size and format as well as field-specific help for content authors and editors.
- Improved content list view readability.
- Improved content checklist readability and usability.
- If a link or bookmark is clicked, and user login is required, the user is now passed on to the originally requested page upon login.
Improvements for developers:
- Fields that reference external content can now limit the scope of listed content to the results of a Publication List.
- New "Text Box (Short)" field type for smal multi-line text fields.
- New #IMAGE features GetVersion to access the image processing engine and version used to process images with #IMAGE.
- Added #IMAGE Annotate functionality to control the wrap width, fit-to-width, line-height, kerning and rotation of text when supported by the image processing engine.
- New $TablePrefix global variable for programmatic access to replicated database tables from COMAND Script.
- Significant improvements to COMAND Script processing speed, almost twice as fast.
Other improvements and fixes:
- SQL Console queries are now retained in the System Log according to the retention policy.
- COMAND Script #IMAGE error reporting has been improved for attempts to process corrupt and unrecognized image formats.
- A number of minor bugs and issues have been resolved.
- Detect and prevent duplicate content record submissions that can happen when multiple browser tabs or windows are used to open the same content record.
- Database tables flagged to replicate to memory will automatically replicate to disk if the required memory is not available.