COMAND Solutions released webCOMAND 2.49 today. The new version is a minor update that adds the #FILE COMAND Script statement and improves file format support and backup reliability.
- New #FILE COMAND Script statement - Provides information about a file or file data, such as a file's MIME type,
extension and human-readable file type title.
- Support for additional file types - Content form file upload fields (with the browse button) now provide better support for viewing Microsoft Office and other file types directly within the web browser when possible.
- Backup Reliability Improvements - The automatic backup process will now detect if the server date is changed to a dramatically different future or past date and continue to produce automatic backups. If detected, the system administrator is emailed in case further
action is required.
- "Terminate" search and publish task option requires authorization - A user must now have Publication Administrator or System Administrator authorization to access the "Terminate" feature. This feature could easily be misused, so it now requires explicit authorization.
A number of minor improvements and fixes are also included:
- The Date field calendar will now popup in the correct location if the
form area has been scrolled.
- Administrators are now correctly emailed about a dead auto-update publish, which resulted in previously resulted in repeated emails to the system administrator email address.
- The username of the user that started a publish was incorrectly displayed in publication reports.
- Rich Text Editor customizations are now applied even when no text exists for the customized field.